About Me

My Photo
Great Falls, Montana, United States
I love creating art. I love the Creator! And through that love, I find a little slice of heaven on earth and I give Him all the glory! It's a great adventure and I'm excited to see what's around the bend! Come join me, won't you?

Saturday, November 27, 2010

My "first" ART QUILT - MONTANA TREASURE



















Well, this was "the one" that started as a bit of a confidence booster for me.  I knew I needed to challenge myself to create my own, original quilt... "from my own mind" so-to-speak... something...anything!  So I began with a whole cloth - a batik - in earthtone colors, and just began experimenting with couching, bobbin play, paintstiks, metal leaf and a few blocks of leftover patchwork.  It took me all summer - the summer of 2009.  It was my first try at a curvy binding, too.  I was absolutely THRILLED to have it accepted into an Exhibition at Paris Gibson Square Museum of Art here in Great Falls that same fall. 

1 comment:

Rosie Rowe said...

This is one of the most stunning quilts I've seen for ages! I can't believe it's your first! Beautiful colours and lines... just gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...