About Me

My Photo
Great Falls, Montana, United States
I love creating art. I love the Creator! And through that love, I find a little slice of heaven on earth and I give Him all the glory! It's a great adventure and I'm excited to see what's around the bend! Come join me, won't you?

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

PEACHY POSY

Close up of the red flowers where I used the new product "Texture Magic"

The 'swirling' grass is done with a free motion couching foot, and I also used a beautiful hand-dyed yarn from Mountain Colors Yarn Company from Montana


Another first!  Time to DESIGN! So, using some of the first of my own hand-dyed fabrics I began playing  this past summer while recovering from surgery.  I drew the pattern, visualizing  my poor little flower garden... in the rain.  It was a cool, wet spring in Montana, but also terrific inspiration!

There are at least 8 different threads applied on the quilt, and the embellishments were a combination of bobbin play free motion, my free motion applique stitching, traditional couching with Razzle Dazzle (superiorthreads.com) with the Bernina #39 foot (gotta have that one!) free motion couching (love love love that Bernina #43 foot!!!), angelina fibers and textiva film, "Texture Magic" and hand dyed yarns.  Fabric ranged from the hand-dyed cottons, to hand-dyed cotton sateen, wool, and commercial batiks and prints.  Notice there is a red yarn in the binding, free motion couched... gives it that added "framed" effect.

Close up of posy center

3 comments:

Gaile A Heimbuch said...

As always I love everything you do. I ordered some threads from Superior, would now like to know where you get he heavier yarn you use, it is so beautiful. Have a great day. Gaile

MariƩ said...

I am so glad I found your site. Your work is amazing and inspiring. I do have the foot 43-I will run and try it out!

Ann Bowman said...

I am really enjoying your site and especially appreciated your opening comment on your profile. It expresses my thoughts also. Blessings ans keep up the good work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...