About Me

My Photo
Great Falls, Montana, United States
I love creating art. I love the Creator! And through that love, I find a little slice of heaven on earth and I give Him all the glory! It's a great adventure and I'm excited to see what's around the bend! Come join me, won't you?

Friday, January 28, 2011

JoyFUL we Adore Thee!

My current project is one in the works for today's blog.... and it all started with this: THE BIG SHOT! I do alot of fusing... and I love it!  But sometimes cutting with the hands is well... hard on the hands!  So have been waiting ... thinking... contemplating about the Accuquilt GO and those cool quick cut dies for several years... and am glad I went the Sizzix direction. SAVED me lots of moo-lah!  Now I am not saying Accuquilt isn't fabulous... it sure is.  But that much money out-of-pocket (about $500 just to get started with the GO)... wasn't happening for me, personally!  
 
Many thanks to Patsy Thompson and Kelly Jackson, both of whom were gracious, knowledgeable ... and really helped me decide about which machine to purchase... and showed the "how-to's"  through their terrific blogs,  being KIND and taking TIME...to answer my emails and the many questions I had!  The gal at Patsy's store (whom I have now forgot - maybe it's Nicki) is SWEET to help when I CALLED -- she even checked the box to tell me what it actually contained so I could get all the info I needed about accessories... YAY! I dearly adore... personal service!  Don't you?!
Batik fabrics, Steam-A-Seam, and a pressing sheet... and some time... time to play... rearrange... re-organize... and then... Poof!  It's like...

           h   a   p   p  y...
a ... bit... addictive.... and.... 
m  a  g  i  c  a  l !
Turning to some hand-dyed fabric of mine... hmmm... let's try this 'marveles' orangy-tango piece...  a touch of paintstiks, bubble wrap as texture.... stencils...textile paint, a mesh bag... throw in some fusible circles... (just because I can!)

 and then  a  ...   z  i  p  p  e  r  !
and... if necessary... use words!

v  i   b  r  a  n  t  !
and don't forget.... the.... 



a   n  g  e  l  i  n  a  !!!
and "sew ye shall reap... so shall ye sow..."
J   o   y ...


It's a  p  l  a  y  t  i  m  e  in progress!  
more to come...

1 comment:

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

It's amazing how one little tool can change so much of what we do. I've read Kelly's and Pat's reviews as well. And I was ALMOST tempted this weekend when JoAnn's offered the Sizzix at 40% off :-( But no time to play and no place to set this little gem up, so I will wait and watch. Love what you did with your flowers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...