About Me

My Photo
Great Falls, Montana, United States
I love creating art. I love the Creator! And through that love, I find a little slice of heaven on earth and I give Him all the glory! It's a great adventure and I'm excited to see what's around the bend! Come join me, won't you?

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pom Pom Ala Mode

Finished?  Nope.  

The center of the flower bud... needs something more.  This is what I did.

I went rifling through my storage drawers for that little grab bag of felted balls I know I just saw a few days ago... Ah ha!  Found you!
So let's give this a try... But first, let's cut that pom in half:
And attach it free motion style.  Doesn't have to be free motion... just whatever floats your boat!  An open toe foot would probably work just fine too. I happen to like the #29 Bernina clear free motion foot.  Why?  Well, it's clear... (duh), and because the width of the foot also helps keep the pom where I want it, and stabilizes it at the same time.
Now that was a fun little adventure!  But it's still missing some emphasis, although I'm diggin' the three-dimensional look... that 'come hither' and take a closer look at me...
Ah... there you are my little French Lilac Glitter!  Come on over and join the party!
SOOOooooo pretty!  And Scrumptious too..... just a little dab'l do-ya!  And I dabbed it on with a little paintbrush which worked really well.  I didn't have to sprinkle it all on, and then tap it off, (make a bit of a mess), tap it back into container... you get the picture, right?
Come a little closer to my darling flower center....  that's it!
Ooh! Happy Eyes on pretty sparkles!
Now... whether or not I am done... that is always the question, isn't it?!!!  Will... let... you... know!

Happy creating!  EnJOY!

3 comments:

joanne sharpe said...

i love and adore everything you do!!!!! You are a brilliant textile artist!

Marsha said...

Leslie, do you dab on that adhesive or is it a spray? I've never seen that brand of adhesive or glitter before. Available online? Craft stores like Michaels?

HollyM said...

I not only enjoyed your pictures and your gorgeous work, but I so enjoyed the glimpse into your thought processes as you went along.
I blog,but I tend to forget to take pictures as I go and I often have a difficult time to get what I'm thinking into words. You seem to have said it so well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...