About Me

My Photo
Great Falls, Montana, United States
I love creating art. I love the Creator! And through that love, I find a little slice of heaven on earth and I give Him all the glory! It's a great adventure and I'm excited to see what's around the bend! Come join me, won't you?

Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas Placemats

I've really enjoyed making these placemats!  What I really love the most about making them, is writing the words of the Christmas carols, and bible verses that run through my head this time of year!
You might think this is curved piecing, but it is NOT!  I simply free-cut with my rotary cut, a soft, undulating line on a piece of fabric, rectangular in shape;  placemat size, about 13" tall, and 18 inches in width.  Cut two curving lines, and remove either the two sides, o rthe center piece, depending on your preference.  Place either the center, or two side pieces (one or the other) and place it atop another solid piece of a coordinating fabric rectangle.  Using a straight stitch, sew those contrasting curving pieces to your rectangle, and once done, turn it to the backside, and cut away the bottom fabric.  Save that piece, and use it for the 2nd placemat!
If you'd like to see more, check out an earlier post from last Christmas, with different placemats, and instructions!  You can view it here.  And you can always type in the word 'placemat' in the search box on the right hand side-bar of the blog, and it will take you any of my placemat posts!




Merry Christmas!
And using a fusible web (I choose Steam-A-Seam 2) and a rotary cutter with a wavy blade... I fuse the binding for a quick edge treatment that is fusible, hardy, washable, and easy to do!
Ah... and the embellishment with a bit of velvet rick rack and then a little couching with my Bernina #39 foot and silver Razzle Dazzle thread on top for a 'bit of shine' for that extra element of 'so pretty' I think we all love.  It really does lend itself to giving that UPSCALE and special look that says WOW.  At least... I think so!  And since I sew what I love, it's... well, what I love!  

EnJOY!

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

They are beautiful!

elle said...

Brilliant!

Michele Hester said...

Very nice - would you like my address for Christmas delivery?

darcey said...

Beautiful! You've inspired me!
Darc
xxoo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...