About Me

My Photo
Great Falls, Montana, United States
I love creating art. I love the Creator! And through that love, I find a little slice of heaven on earth and I give Him all the glory! It's a great adventure and I'm excited to see what's around the bend! Come join me, won't you?

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Les is More ~ Thead Spools!

How lovely these decorated spools are...

The "Les is More" option, if you will.  

That is, if you would be so kind as to laugh at my bad pun!

Once again, here's a beautiful option for decorating thread spools.

Courtesy of Amy Barickman, as I subscribe to her newsletter and posts...

Of course, decorated thread spools are definitely in the category of  'what is old is new again'.  

If you'd like, click here to see Amy's post about these little vintage darlings, and ... more!
I love the texture and contrast of the jewels on the wrapped crochet-type base.  Reminds me of The Donny and Marie Show -- you know --- they used to say:  'she's a little bit country, and he's a little bit rock n roll!'  LOL.

And then, buttons to finish it off, especially the two buttons doubled up at the top.  When more is... well, more!  And Very, Very Cool.  (And I was country when country wasn't cool --- that from The Barbara Mandrell Show) .  

Yes, I date myself.  

Quite often.  

It's one of the advantages of growing older.


EnJOY!

XOLM 
(L=Les  and M=more (or McNeil) take your pick!)

4 comments:

Jan said...

You may be a grandmother but your'e no granny! Now don't be claiming "old" status, you will get there soon enough but ain't there yet!

These spools are certainly different from the ones you made, also lovely.

Lynn said...

Another cute idea.

darcey said...

Isn't it amazing to look at everyday bits and pieces we have in a whole new way? I find I keep bits and pieces of beautiful linens and laces, ribbons and jewellery, with no plan in mind. Only a love of pretty things and an appreciation for stitches carefully and lovingly placed. Inspiration occasionally strikes and beauty happens. Lovely!
Darc\xxoo

Margaret Applin said...

OMG!!!! How adorable are those!!! I love your creativity! You never seem to run out of ideas!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...