About Me

My Photo
Great Falls, Montana, United States
I love creating art. I love the Creator! And through that love, I find a little slice of heaven on earth and I give Him all the glory! It's a great adventure and I'm excited to see what's around the bend! Come join me, won't you?

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Just Be ~

I have to say I love bookmarks. 
And I love making them, too.
Taking a piece of paper fabric that was dark and muddy... broody looking, in fact, and giving it a second chance.
Cutting it apart, and taking a chance.  Better than letting it sit, untouched.  Rising to the challenge of asking myself ~ "Wait - what can this be?"
 The whole process just amazes me... of what a little time and attention to detail, of patience, perseverance can do to a little piece of a heart.  Mine!
 All too often things... people... attitudes... what is termed 'ugly' is all too easily tossed aside. I know better!  Why... oh why?  Does it take ... me... so long?!
I'm quite grateful for another lesson.  In life and in art.

Available in my Etsy shop
HAPPPPPPYYYY FRIDAY!   
and Happy Day to you all.
SOLI DEO GLORIA!
Leslie

12 comments:

robin said...

Nice! I just checked out your Etsy shop - such beautiful things!

HollyM said...

It amazes me too what you can do with a piece! Beautiful.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Talk about timeless beauty! Your thought process is mind boggling to someone like me, wow!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Very very cute!!

Mary said...

Fun piece and beautiful photos - thanks for sharing...
I looked about a little, I love your work.

Carissa said...

second chance art is a beautiful thing :)

elle said...

There is just something about restoration. Luv it!

sonyamacdesigns said...

second chances ... yes

Cindy said...

I love the entire idea of bringing together scraps and fragments to make a thing of beauty, to restore purpose and function...I like to quilt, but that tends to take a back burner to mixed media...

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

Oh this is beautiful! Almost too pretty to hide in a book! ;)

Jennifer said...

Hello, Leslie! I'm visiting from Studio JRU. Beautiful bookmark! Love the papers, stitching, colors.

Sandy Wamble LMT said...

Yes Leslie, I am praying and in agreement with Austyn's healing Psalm 103:3...He who forgives and heals all disease. Prayers, petitions, faith, hope, love, mercy and grace for Austyn! xxxooo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...