About Me

My Photo
Great Falls, Montana, United States
I love creating art. I love the Creator! And through that love, I find a little slice of heaven on earth and I give Him all the glory! It's a great adventure and I'm excited to see what's around the bend! Come join me, won't you?

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Sharing from my Journal ~ Tulips Too!

I pray you will be touched, not only by the pictures of the tulips, & flowers...but by the words, written from my personal journal in 2004. Oh, what a year.   
It was the year I began keeping a journal... not only of thoughts, but prayers, poems, sayings... things that affected or mattered to me.  Things I needed to change in myself.  Life-changing attitudes and more.


Which brings me to the next few pictures. It was so good for me to re-read this... to refresh, renew and remember!

May you find the blessing in learning how to 'take no offense,' and in 'dying to self' --- both of which are part and parcel of another.  This was a life-changing attitude; a major turn-around for me in how I acted, and REACTED to everything from compliments to criticisms... in dealing with co-workers and bosses... friends & family, and all matter of daily tasks!  

Perhaps you will be able to take something from it that will be an 'aha moment' --- like it was for me.
As I contemplate our Lenten season, and in the spirit of love, I humbly share with anyone out there - reading here! 
Be blessed!

If you would like the entire printed document in a pdf formatted document, just leave me a comment, and I will email it to you.
Amen.
Soli Deo Gloria

10 comments:

HollyM said...

The journal and the photos are lovely!
I've been reading through your wonderfully detailed notes about threads and looking at them at Superior.
Thanks so much for all the useful information. I am filling up my cart a bit each day for an order.

debby said...

Leslie, I love your colors, I love your quilting. I love that you use words in your quilting. Most of all I love that you share your faith in your quilting and your blog. To God be the Glory indeed! I look forward to following your blog!

Sandy Wamble LMT said...

Thank you Leslie, what a wonderful way to start my day before heading out the door to go to work. This will really help me on the road..45 min drive in hectic traffic. No motorcycle today! I wold love the PDF, thank you for sharing. Yes, put off our old self nature and die to self and walk in the spirit of Christ! Indeed! God Bless You Leslie!

Leovi said...

I love those beautiful flowers with delicious colors, very beautiful pictures.

Kristin said...

Beautiful post, Leslie! I would love a copy of your document. I love the thoughts you've expressed. This would be a good thing for all of us to strive for, although difficult to achieve.

Them Pates said...

I can never be reminded enough of this great truth. Thank you for opening the pages of your heart and sharing what the Lord has taught/is teaching you. Your entry reminded me of Amy Carmichael's book, If.
Your pictures are beautiful too.

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

Wonderful thoughts for this Lenten season. I would love to read the entire writing! Love the beautiful flowers! :)

Kathleen said...

What a wonderful thing you are for little Austyn Mae. I will keep her in my prayers. Thank you for sharing your journal and I would love to have a copy. May you be blessed in return for your gifts to others.

LDH said...

Wonderful words and photos too! You must have the gift of encouragement as your blog overflows with it! Last Sunday I began what I hope will be a consistent post of something the Lord taught me or showed me that week. This week I am adding a linky tool if others would want to share. If the Lord leads, maybe you might join in :) I plan on posting each Saturday evening.

elle said...

Bless you, Leslie. I want to be blessed, too! Lovely journal. I'm hoping to smell a sweet savour and not flesh in my own life's journal.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...