About Me

My Photo
Great Falls, Montana, United States
I love creating art. I love the Creator! And through that love, I find a little slice of heaven on earth and I give Him all the glory! It's a great adventure and I'm excited to see what's around the bend! Come join me, won't you?

Friday, February 17, 2012

She Laughs Without Fear of the Future

Perhaps you saw this little piece of fabric paper from my post: "A Wrinkle In Time" a few weeks ago.  The bottom edge may seem wavy, but it's perfectly flat; it just curves, as the shadow is misleading.

Proverbs 31:25 
"She is clothed in strength and dignity and she laughs without fear of the future."

This is my favorite embellishment - the flower motif, patiently cut from a batik fabric. It has silver GLITTER thread, and then I added a bit of silver shimmer with paint.

This is the yarn I used from my stash, which I felt added a bit more impact to the overall look of this piece; adding a little more depth of color and definition to the piece.

Close-up of the couched 'flat yarn' which I did with just my patchwork #37 foot as it was so narrow.

Not a great night for pics, but I do really like the flower in the top left corner, and left it 'off the edge' so to speak, so the piece is not squarely shaped, and perhaps... it's a bit more interesting, huh? 


After the first stitching (King Tut thread), I decided the words didn't 'pack enough punch' for my taste.  So I stitched it again.  This is fairly difficult to do. I generally don't like to 'follow lines' -- I like the freedom of creating the letter styles as they come out; a definite  challenge to repeat over the same lines, and I had a concern for how the needle would pierce the paper fabric too much, or in other words - make a big hole in the stitching line.
It held up pretty well.  This lettering I love to do with stitch will evolve, as I will be contemplating ways to do it... creatively, and differently!

Have a terrific FRIDAY!  Yay for a three day weekend! 


Leslie

15 comments:

darcey said...

Beautiful. What a nice way to start the day. Enjoy your day.
Darcey

HollyM said...

I definitely like the different shape and the flowers that you added, especially the one in the top left corner.
Enjoy your weekend!

Priya said...

You are so artistic...i few sewing hard, forget being artsy, just basic is hard enough!

amylynne said...

What a beautiful work of art! I love the colors you chose, the flowers, and the gorgeous stitching! And I love the scripture...... Proverbs 31 I a favorite of mine! Thanks so much for sharing!
Amy

Margaret Applin said...

This is sooooo adorable!!!

elle said...

You certainly create without fear. You've nailed it with the added flower and darker lettering.

Cindy said...

I do love this scripture - I like giving something made with it to Brides-to-be....you are so brave just taking off and sewing those letters...your piece is wonderful!

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

Wow. This is gorgeous. I love how you did the lettering. Love, love, love that verse! Beautiful work Leslie!

Hands to Work, Hearts to God said...

fantastic! I don't do quilts and I imagine this must be awfully hard to do! But I love that you are able to make scripture come alive through the sewing machine! Patsy from
HeARTworks

Deborah O'Hare said...

Wonderful! All of it!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Beautiful!!

Terri said...

Leslie, my friend, you touched my heart. Terri www.morningdewdrops.com

Laura said...

Wow. I love that you use your incredible gift to glorify the Lord!

Ellie said...

Wow! Your quilting art is awesome! What wonderful colours and textures

peggy aplSEEDS said...

wow, this is amazing! that really takes skill and talent! and i love the verse!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...