About Me

My Photo
Great Falls, Montana, United States
I love creating art. I love the Creator! And through that love, I find a little slice of heaven on earth and I give Him all the glory! It's a great adventure and I'm excited to see what's around the bend! Come join me, won't you?

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Blog Love ~ Pin It !

I'm giving away three pins today... the first two pins will be up for grabs from those who comment on today's  post. In your comment, please mention which one you like... that is, if you like what you see, as far as that goes.  This first one is the "Red Posy" pin.
It features a bit of angelina fibers (shiny and iridescent), painted fusible web, as well as pretty variegated thread and an adorable red fabric flower, on a black, square base.  Pin back is attached, adn the edges are finished with a free motion zig zag, couching-edge technique.  It's approximately 2" x 2" square. Funky and Chunky!

Next, is "Bluebird Spring" in a sweetheart shape, featuring pretty white crochet lace, bright shiny beads, with a variety of blues, and some pink tossed in for contrast and 'sweetness!'  Edge finished with couched fibers, as well.


And the third one is a pastel Spring Beauty featuring metallic threads, all kinds of spring pastel colors in ribbons, fibers and painted fusible web, topped off with a lovely abalone shell button.  This one goes to my blog friend... Miss JOCELYN from Florida, the sweet blogger behind "Happy Cottage Quilter."  Jocelyn's blog is on my blog roll, and I always enjoy her posts.  Check her site out. Thank you Jocelyn for your friendship... right from the start ~ when I first hesitantly ~ began my blogging journey in 2010!

Thank you ALL so much for your wonderful encouragement, love and support!  Who say's it's "March Madness?" (although I am a college basketball fan!) 
 It's March Love!

Blessings for a Bountiful March into Spring!
XXOO ~ EnJOY
Leslie
P.S. In case you don't know what "MarveLes Blog Love" is... it is simply a round-robin style of thankfulness. I keep a little journal book of names - those who want to participate (who send me their physical mailing address), and pick one each month, to whom I send them a small item in thankfulness.  The bottom line: no one gets picked twice, until all have received something - once! Hence, the round-robin style of this monthly give-a-way.

18 comments:

Donna said...

I love red posy! The contrast of all those colors on the black rocks! It is sooooo me, and I would be honored to wear it if I am chosen.
Thank you for the opportunity!
D~~~~

semansky said...

Love them all and would be THRILLED (yes, I am shouting) to be chosen. Really, I love them all so since you know me, YOU choose, if you choose me, I mean.

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh my! They are both so beautiful, how could one choose? I would love either one, but since my fav color is blue and I am a *heart* person, I would have to go with Bluebird Spring!

HollyM said...

How pretty. anyone of them would make me happy!

darcey said...

Just gorgeous. I am making a beaded and hand embroidered postcard for my exchange this month and your cheery colors have inspired me.
Darc
xxoo

Gill said...

They are both beautiful! and the one you made for Jocelyn too!
Will you be doing a tutorial for those of us not lucky enough to win?????

Brenda said...

I love your work. The Montana quilts say so much. Have always wanted to go to Montana, but I am way over here in Maine! Both such beautiful places. Your pins are great miniature expressions of you. Love the Red Poppy.

Give care to yourself.
Brenda

elle said...

oooh, decisions, decisions. Well, being as they are all gorgeous I'd take whatever the other winner didn't. LOL Is that scriptural??? ;^)

Allie said...

Gorgeous!!! They're all so beautiful! I popped over from Jocelyn's blog, and I'm going to have to scroll back through your posts - you have lots and lots of beautiful eye candy here~!

Snoodles said...

I just popped over from Jocelyn's blog, and I'm so happy that I did! Those are so beautiful...I agree with Gill -- will you share some of the techniques that you use to create them? Love the colors and the funky shapes!

robin said...

They are all lovely, but the Bluebird Spring - lovliest in my eyes! Love the colors. :)

Sandy Wamble LMT said...

Wow look at all those comments you got on your blog. I see why, your work is so pretty and amazing. I do love Happy Cottage Quilter..thank you. I love the Bluebird Spring, all the pretty bead work you did is amazing. How do you do that with your sewing machine? You are so giving Leslie!

Malinda said...

All are amazing and beautiful! Spring Beauty's colors are lovely. I've always wanted to try this kind of art - I'll be bookmarking your blog and reading all the posts! I'd love to see a tutorial on any and all of your methods! Any suggestions for books, websites, supplies or other places to give it a try?

Susanne said...

I love Bluebird Spring the best (my favorite color is blue), and the next would be Spring Beauty, and of course the Red Posy is also pretty. I love what you have done to make these lovely pins. It just goes to show that with all the stuff we have at our finger tips we do not have to be limited. Thanks for the giveaway and for letting me be a part of it. I am your newest follower.
Susanne :)

Dresden Quilter said...

I love Bluebird Spring. The pins are so beautiful. Thanks for the giveaway.

Marsha said...

My favorite is the Red Posy, although they are all beautiful! I wear a lot of black and navy blue - the red would just POP. I'm a lucky winner of one of your blog loves. You are one thoughtful lady.

Talin's Corner said...

Just popped over from Happy Cottage Quilter. I would love a chance to win any of your giveaways. I have wanted to start playing around with thread. Recently I purchased a book which creates a journal of different stitches/tensions/etc. that I will be testing real soon.

patchouli moon studio said...

Bluebird Spring (the second one shown) is my favorite of the 3. I love them all, but I'm partial to blue and I love hearts. Very beautiful work! Just looking at them is inspiring, even if I don't win.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...