About Me

My Photo
Great Falls, Montana, United States
I love creating art. I love the Creator! And through that love, I find a little slice of heaven on earth and I give Him all the glory! It's a great adventure and I'm excited to see what's around the bend! Come join me, won't you?

Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Hope of Romans 5:3


I decided to use one of my previously stitched, thread-lace  flowers... 
 See the tutorial and how-to's on my January 24, 2011 post...
SO much fun to do...

Thought I was done.  Not.  Then I decided to add beading. But then... the line of beads seemed too skimpy---uninteresting ...  was it my mood?  Or the beads?
 a simple decorative stitch in hearts...
 and free motion with a solid orange-yellow thread in fun cross hatching.  Also couching traditional style with the Bernina #39 foot around the hearts with a thick, pink thread...
 'shadowing' on the h o p e letters in turquoise blue thread, free motion style...
 ... a whimsical heart in the letter 'e.' Each letter has a different style of free motion motif within that letter's space, itself...
 And more beading!  I came upstairs, and it wouldn't leave my mind, so back downstairs I went... after the initial beading line (done by machine - not by hand)... I knew I wanted to see what a few more beads would do... to add a more dimensional and interesting line, visually.   I'm not sure it's better.  Again, could be my mood? 
I added a big center bead on the thread-lace flower.  "Should it stay... or should it go?"  
(yup - song lyrics from somewhere in my head are singing it)
Thanks for sharing some of your time here on the blog.  Happy Sunday~ IN HOPE ~ that never disappoints. 
SOLI DEO GLORIA

8 comments:

Robin said...

Lovely! :)

HollyM said...

This is a beautiful piece. It's funny too, I noticed you stitched a grid and used a little foil (I think) which is what I did on my last couple of pieces with my tulips.

Dosfishes at Sparkle Days Studios said...

Leslie, this is just so gorgeous every element that it takes my breath away! You have outdone yourself and that is hard to do!!!! xox Corrine

elle said...

Let it stay! The bead in the middle and the hope! I hope to make some of these lace flowers. Lovely Les!

semansky said...

All good and beautiful and interesting and fun and art!

Sandy Wamble LMT said...

Oh my goodness,this is simply amazing, all that beautiful stitching and beading, wowZEEE. I love it, yes I agree the flower bead stays!Fabulousis!

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

wow. This is so beautiful. I love this piece! Love the word HOPE. :)

Snoodles said...

Love this piece....scooting around on your blog, enjoying the techniques you show. I'm your newest follower, too! LOL I'm off to see the tut on the lace flowers....:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...