About Me

My Photo
Great Falls, Montana, United States
I love creating art. I love the Creator! And through that love, I find a little slice of heaven on earth and I give Him all the glory! It's a great adventure and I'm excited to see what's around the bend! Come join me, won't you?

Monday, March 19, 2012

Sunday Sympatico ~

These are the stitching options I chose for the leaves on this screen printed fabric:
Of course, they probably won't stay that way... will play with some other ideas for the outside edges... or not!
Playing with the arrangement of left-over squares of the "Grace" foiled fabric ~

I changed my mind... with the arrangement ~
I love going on treasure hunts in my "Sunday Sympatico in the Studio" --- and I found a swirly cut-out hangin' out on my design wall.  So I snatched it from it's place there ~ and gave it a new home here:

And all-too-soon my favorite play-day ended! 
These are some of my thoughts: I may have to lose the squares.  I love the shiny foil on them, but I'm not excited about the color on them for this piece... I don't think.  Time will tell, and any other stitching, embellishment or couching will make a difference too.  I do think I really like the addition of the purple swirl batik fabric strip at the bottom, and the re-placement of the purple lace...

Got any other ideas for me? Oh, and I need a word or two, or three... thinking...thinking!

March Blog LOVE is coming tomorrow!  EnJOY your day!
XO
Leslie

2 comments:

elle said...

OOOH, that swirly cut out. Nice! I wasn't sure about the glue but cut up like that is nifty. The little squares are a bit of unpredictability and heavens, do you want to be predictable??? lol

Marsha said...

The flowers and the colors make me think SPRING! And spring is the season of renewal, regrowth, rebirth - and babies! Lovely piece.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...