About Me

My Photo
Great Falls, Montana, United States
I love creating art. I love the Creator! And through that love, I find a little slice of heaven on earth and I give Him all the glory! It's a great adventure and I'm excited to see what's around the bend! Come join me, won't you?

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Filling up the Space of Grace ~

Here's some of the progress I made this past weekend,  on my newest piece, "Grace."


FMQ on the letters is done is done with King Tut, 40 wt. 100% ELS cotton thread in white.  The FMQ for the all of the feathers has been done with Rainbows tri-lobals, 40 weight, variegated and solid polyesters.  And the bobbin thread for all of those top threads is Masterpiece 100% cotton ELS thread in the bobbin, matching the top thread, *for the most part*.
I hope you'll visit again to see the rest of it as I begin to finish up the details and the 'empty spaces!' 

EnJOY your day!

5 comments:

lisamc said...

I just started following your blog. I was originally looking for info on using the Bernina foot #43. St this point I need to try some fibers and see what works best.
I am loving "grace". It is amazing…..amazing grace….
I need to look further into the free motion quilting and wondered if you have tutorials for the feathers.
Thanks for sharing your beautiful work.
Lisa

Leslie McNeil of MarveLes Art Studios said...

Lisa, I do not have any tutorials on feathers... but! I learned this technique from Patsy Thompson (patsythompsondesigns.com) and she has DVD's and books; all are WONDERFUL, and she is a fabulous teacher. Go to her website and you can preview the videos, I believe! EnJOY! And thanks for asking!

Terri Stegmiller said...

So much beautiful quilting! Love all the texture that creates.

elle said...

It is lovely but I especially enjoy the whimsical lettering.

Tracy said...

Hi Leslie - beautiful. I wish I were as creative.
God bless
Tracy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...