About Me

My Photo
Great Falls, Montana, United States
I love creating art. I love the Creator! And through that love, I find a little slice of heaven on earth and I give Him all the glory! It's a great adventure and I'm excited to see what's around the bend! Come join me, won't you?

Thursday, April 26, 2012

A Georgia Welcome ~

We lost our sweet Micah, my Blue Merle Sheltie in early March.  It was a hard loss.  She truly was God's provision to me, and they were bright, full years of love and companionship that taught me so much about God's love and faithfulness... oh, if only we would turn to God the way a dog turns to us to meet their every need without fear!  Anyway, we (especially me!) found living without a dog really... strange.  I didn't think we'd get another, but here she is!  "Georgia" came home to live with us last Sunday afternoon.  She is 8 weeks old, and my husband is 'over-the-moon' for her!  A good thing, for sure.  They are fast becoming buddies.  I found this poem I had written in a journal over 20 years ago, so I thought I would share it, as I was reciting it to Brian...
You can't buy loyalty, they say.
We bought it though, the other day;
You can't buy friendship, tried and true,
But just the same, we bought that too.

We made our bid, and on the spot
Bought love and faith and a whole job lot

Of happiness, so all in all
The purchase price was pretty small


We bought a single trusting heart,
That gave devotion from the start
If you think these things are not for sale,
Buy a brown-blue eye

puppy with a wagging tail.

 She's definitely making herself at home, and we couldn't be more delighted.  Welcome Home Miss Georgia!

21 comments:

robin said...

Aw! She's so sweet! I love her eyes. :) Enjoy!

darcey said...

Puppies! Is there anything more full of joy?
Darc
xxoo

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

What a sweet puppy. So glad you found another sweet companion.

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Oh gosh is she the most adorable. Yes I totally agree with your words about love and faithfulness. xox

Donna said...

Miss Georgia is a little doll! What a joy and a blessing she will be for years to come!
D~~~~

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

You gave me chills! She's adoeable!!

Margaret Applin said...

OHhhhhhhh beautiful Georgia!!!!! I just want to rub my face right into her little puppy belly! What a cutie!!!!

elle said...

Georgia is pretty sweet and I do believe the poem says it all. Congratulations on your new arrival.

HollyM said...

Oh, how sweet! Most of my family has dogs but my husband and I are both allergic.

Teresa in Music City said...

Georgia looks like a real heart stealer!!! Is she a Blue Merle Sheltie? She's beautiful!!!! Your poem is so true - lovely! I have learned more about how to be a daughter, mother, sister, aunt, friend, and Christian from my kitties and puppies than from anyone!

Ольга Т. said...

Поздравляю! Милый и прекрасный щенок!

Jan said...

I'm so sorry to hear you lost your Micah but happy you now have Georgia, she looks like a real sweetie with those two different colored eyes. This seems to be the year for my blogging friends to be getting new puppies!

Deborah O'Hare said...

What a joy! I love your poem too.

SweetArtUnlimited said...

A dog has such a wonderful abilty to connect with us on a personal level. I am happy for you.

╰☆╮ Barb ╰☆╮ said...

What a sweetie! I can tell your husband is smitten!

Brenda said...

She is beautiful and looks like such a sweetie! And what a precious and TRUE poem. Thanks for sharing, Leslie.

Karla Lamb said...

Loved seeing the beautiful pictures of this precious puppy...I love dogs and would have puppies around all the time if I could! I pray that this puppy fills your house with love...looks like a great start!
Karla Lamb

Sharon said...

I'm sorry about your loss of Micah. She will remain in your heart forever. Now here is your sweet Miss Georgia and I can see she is already finding her place in your heart. She is beautiful.

Mary said...

Hi Leslie, I have recently been honored with the Liebster Blog Award, and I would like to pay the same compliment to you. I love your quilting and enjoy reading your blog..... The Liebster Blog award is presented to blogs that the presenter feels are worthy. It is given to "small blogs" - those with fewer than 200 followers. Check out my blog for more details. Congratulations

Sandy Wamble LMT said...

Oh How Adorable is that? Miss Georgia...what a little darling, filling your hearts with more happiness, love and joy. I can smell the puppy breath from here! Congratulations on your new family member. God really knows your hearts desires! Blissful Blessings all over again!

Michele Hester said...

Welcome Miss Georgia! We have three border collies and I wouldn't trade them for anything!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...