About Me

My Photo
Great Falls, Montana, United States
I love creating art. I love the Creator! And through that love, I find a little slice of heaven on earth and I give Him all the glory! It's a great adventure and I'm excited to see what's around the bend! Come join me, won't you?

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Pink Paisley

I was happy to finish up one older project -- a pieced table runner made a couple years ago!  I loved this fabric line when it came out --- still do!  And I'm a fan of paisley, for sure.  Felt so good to finish, and love it all over again! This is fabric I believe was from a line of fabric called "Chez Moi."
It's for Sale in My Etsy Shop!

 I think what kept me from quilting it, at least in part, was that I looked at the print in the middle, and wondered, now what do I do to quilt it?  Some things... apparently need to steep in my brain for awhile. 
 I think I finally realized that it would be best to keep it simple!  The fabric says it all.  That was when I knew that a simple straight line through the patterned print would not distract, and probably would add some great texture at the same time.
 "Sew let it be done!"

With all the snowy and cold, rainy weather, I was able to almost finish another second older project -- from over ten years ago... a watercolor quilt I made when I first started quilting!  It was a bit of bear to quilt; will share with you later this week about that one!
Hope you and your family, and loved ones had a delightful weekend... perhaps a picnic with some sunshine in it?  We're getting some sun this morning, and it a welcome relief, although it's still chilly at 45 degrees. Maybe we'll hit 60??~!~ fingers crossed!

EnJOY!  I know I'm gonna soak it up as much as I can today!

3 comments:

elle said...

I was just going to go tidy so I can try my new gelli plate when I was stopped in my tracks by your very lovey pink-paisley. Luv it! I can use the shot of colour as we are still cool and grey so the warm pink is very much appreciated. Plain quilting with that super sweet border stitching. yum!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

I think you are right. The fabric is fabulous, and the star of the tablerunner.

HollyM said...

Sometimes we over think things don't we? The straight lines are just what it needed and I love what you did in the border.
I hope you warm up soon! We're cold here now too. My poor plants!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...