About Me

My Photo
Great Falls, Montana, United States
I love creating art. I love the Creator! And through that love, I find a little slice of heaven on earth and I give Him all the glory! It's a great adventure and I'm excited to see what's around the bend! Come join me, won't you?

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

FearLess Peerless ~

All I can really say is wow!  So far, this is my most favorite watercolor product!  These are known as "Peerless" watercolors, and I got to order a special set labeled "Joanne colors" when I enrolled in Joanne Sharpe's COLOR LOVE class. 

This product comes loaded dry, onto pieces of paper!  Hard, cardstock-like paper.  Amazing product.  See more about it here. This is a product that has been around a very long time, originally used to tint black and white photographs!  {I have some of those pictures of me as a baby ~ I should find them!}
Bright, beautiful, clear and completely transparent, and also they are a fun, totally mixable color with a fabulous palette of colors to choose from.


I don't care for the drawing above... just messing around, really, because I love using this product.  It is good to PLAY!  Who knows, maybe by the time I add somethin' here or there... a drawing, stencil, paint or doodle ~ maybe i will like it better?

And a color chart.  Always good to have as a resource.

The photo below wasn't made using the Peerless watercolors, but my Derwent watercolor pencils, drawn and colored below.  I have always loved aspen trees!  And it's one of my favorite landscapes to create... I'm so looking forward to learning more, and what I shall add to this, if anything ... we shall see!
I'm not totally lovin' it yet ~ but it's a place to start.  And one must start... somewhere! 


I'm filling up my watercolor journal!  It's been GRAND!

Hope you're filled to the brim with beginnings.  {you're never too old - I can safely say!} It's all about attitude. Do you have new or old beginnings to share?

in the meantime ~~~Just Begin!
XO
Leslie

7 comments:

elle said...

In the beginning. I always go back to the beginning in just about everything. Sometimes it is a stall but sometimes it is building momentum to get up and over the top. Wow, these are juicy. Now I like that grid with the bubbles. I'm finishing up a few things then I'm ready to join you for this class.YUM!

Donna said...

I love all of your colorful journal pages Leslie! They're eye candy for me!
D~~~~

Leslie McNeil of MarveLes Art Studios said...

Thanks for that sweet encouragement, Donna! i have... more to come!

Leslie McNeil of MarveLes Art Studios said...

Always a good place to start my sweet Elle! I've got more to share... and they are juicy. I'm still not through the class, but don't want to sit at the computer - I want to play!

HollyM said...

Something I began this spring which I haven't put on my blog is that I've started running. I've been desperate to lose weight and nothing worked. I stared with the walk run program and I'm now up to a 39 minute continuous jog. I've lost about 12 pounds and I'm really hoping for more!
I love your Aspens! I've not done enough sketching this summer.

Teresa in Music City said...

It is always such a joy to witness ART in the creation process! You are so good at what you do, I could look at your art forever and never tire of it :*)

Sandy Wamble said...

I am totally loving it, I absolutely love your play with paint. The trees are fabulous Leslie! You are brilliant girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...