About Me

My Photo
Great Falls, Montana, United States
I love creating art. I love the Creator! And through that love, I find a little slice of heaven on earth and I give Him all the glory! It's a great adventure and I'm excited to see what's around the bend! Come join me, won't you?

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Just a Little Shoppin' ~

When I am in Billings, MT, one my MOST-favorite places to visit is Fiberworks - a super fun, fabulous, energy-generating quilt store!  I don't think I can be more complimentary when I say "energized!"  Cuz that is how this store has always made me feel, just walkin' in through their door!  In fact, I had pictures for you, but I was so distracted shopping, I had the iphone camera on 'video' instead of photo, so they didn't turn out very well.  Go to their website and take the virtual tour, tho!
Laura Heine, owner of the store, had made up these most darling round, turkey-styled placemats!  I'm not usually one for the kinda traditional... but these absolutely spoke to me.  So here I am... with the pattern above, and also ~ kit for them below!  Please... please ... tell me I can get these DONE {in time for Thanksgiving?!}  Please!  There is enough fabric for EIGHT of these turkey-talkin' cuties!  Backing and binding included, thank you very much!
I was absolutely turkey-talkin' myself into this one... look at those cute prints in the kit, below:
And then... a little bit of this... a little bit of that.   Some brights from the Kaffe Fasset collection... an Amy Butler print I bought TWO yards of {i love it that much}, and a couple batiks {who knew}.
And you may know this but I'll state the obvious.  I love TEXTURE!  So wools, here we come.  These cute little patches of specially colored wool.  Cutely packaged also.



And a few more 'fall-toned' batiks that magically made their way to the cutting counter; 1/2 yard each.
And surprise ~ more turquoise/greens/browns!
Then, onto another favorite stop.  The Billings BERNINA Sewing Center!  Hey, it's on my way out of town; how could I not stop and say Hi to Doris and their sweet staff? And they had a brand new collection of rayon batik's that I couldn't - make that {didn't want to} resist.
This piece of gorgeousness is a rayon batik; beautiful colors simply radiate  fall, fall, fall!  I plan to make some scarves; nice, drapey,  go-with-anything scarves!  Perfect for a little autumn goodness in the wardrobe {and hopefully some extras!}  Can I get an Amen?!  

I bought some cute prints of the Basic Grey Christmas fabrics and some batik charm packs, but I forgot to take pics of them - perhaps another time.  Well, it's time to stop talkin' and let my fingers do the walkin' --- onto my sewing machine! 

Lovin' the fabric life!  Yes... I can't wait to burn some midnight oil!

EnJOY!

8 comments:

Kathleen Wilson said...

Leslie, reading your posts, admiring your artwork and photos really brings a bright spot to my day. Thank you.

Bev said...

Oh those fabrics...do look 'delicious'!!

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh my! Gorgeous additions Leslie! I even have a few of those batiks - YUM!!!

HollyM said...

Wow, it looks like your set with your sewing for a while. I don't know when Thanksgiving is, a few weeks?. I guess you better get started!
I've never heard of rayon batiks. They sound wonderful for a scarf!

Dentist Yorkvile said...

Thanks for the post!

Sandy Wamble said...

Yummy yummy colors and textures Leslie, I wish I at the fabric shops with you, it sounds like so much fun. I love all our posts and it is always encouraging, supporting and full of generous information. How I miss my Bernia! Can't wait to see those Fall colors.

elle said...

AMEN! Oooh, looks sew good! Of course ya can. You are the little energized engine that could!

Amy said...

Mmmmm.....quilt shop shopping! Fun! Added those 2 shops to my list of inspiring quilt shops. You know, for the future....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...