About Me

My Photo
Great Falls, Montana, United States
I love creating art. I love the Creator! And through that love, I find a little slice of heaven on earth and I give Him all the glory! It's a great adventure and I'm excited to see what's around the bend! Come join me, won't you?

Thursday, October 11, 2012

A Full Cup ~

It's 5:06 pm.   It's a spectacular {and grateful}  Friday evening.  Headin' home on my mind.  I turn the corner after crossing the bridge, deciding to go home via River Drive.  To see... what I could see.   I saw the sun sparkling off the river in the late afternoon light.  My heart said  "stop" and take a few; my mind said "let's get home."  The heart won, which reminded me I had my camera with me, too.  I parked, and began to meander down the river's edge path. I stopped to examine a pretty leaf on the tree, and assess the light, when I spot a young man with a little boy, holding hands, soaking in that late afternoon sun, as they walked gingerly on the rocks, wading in the low water of the river.
It's not about taking a cool picture.

It's about stopping for a couple moments. Long enough to breathe.  Long enough to well, just l o o k . 

Such a sweet, simple pleasure.  

Taking time to see.  

What a  f u l l  cup.  I'm guessing that little boy will remember that moment ~ those precious few minutes ~ for a long time ~ perhaps his lifetime. {I hope}  It put in my mind a quote I've been longing to re-read from a long time ago...

 “Life passes like a flash of lightning whose blaze barely lasts long enough to see.  While the earth and the sky stand still forever, how swiftly changing time flies across man’s face.  O you who sit over your full cup and do not drink, tell me, whom are you still waiting for?”
 — Hermann Hesse (I first heard this from Luci Swindoll)

 Savor.  
What are you waiting for?
Take a few sweet moments ...
and...  drink in.

SAVOR your full cup.
Soli Deo Gloria!

4 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

Thank you for sharing - beautiful photos, beautiful message!

elle said...

Ah,tis true! What exactly is it that really matters? Time to take a hand and experience a moment! Thanks!

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Oh yes... drink it in and savor that full cup! Beautiful, Leslie. So happy you took the time to stop so you could share this beauty with us! ;)

Barb N said...

I love how you took those shots, fading the duo out so as not to intrude on their time together. And I love that you stopped to breath and relish in the joy of being. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...