About Me

My Photo
Great Falls, Montana, United States
I love creating art. I love the Creator! And through that love, I find a little slice of heaven on earth and I give Him all the glory! It's a great adventure and I'm excited to see what's around the bend! Come join me, won't you?

Monday, October 8, 2012

Autumn Angel ~

A fallish version of "Let Me Be Your Angel" ... 








We've had a wonderful weekend!  I am so lovin' being home each day.  Gosh... spaghetti sauce, tuna noodle casserole, potato soup, lemon zucchini bread, banana cake... {it's time for some exercise!}  but... I'm knuckling down in the sewing studio today!  It's 'turkey-talkin' time, and I hope to show you my placemats... maybe this week?  {staying away from mixed media canvases for the day!}

5 comments:

elle said...

Gorgeous. Yes, it is hard keeping all the balls, I mean canvases, quilt batts, paper, etc. all in the air and doing well.

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Beautiful!! I love your angels. Amazing layers and textures, Leslie! I wanted to ask... do you have a stencil or stamp or something else for the 'flower' pattern on the bottom? Can not wait to see your placemats! :)

Leslie McNeil of MarveLes Art Studios said...

so true, my friend! so true! but it is all... very, very FUN!

Leslie McNeil of MarveLes Art Studios said...

Jennifer - if you mean the flower on her dress (it's at the bottom) no. I was simply some patterned scrapbook paper I added to the dress, and a smaller patterned one at the very bottom. if you also perhaps mean the dimensional peachy flower at the top - it was a stencil, (a wooden one from the brand kaiser kraft) which i put molding gel through, after tinting it with acrylic paint. thank you!!! i love making these canvases!

Donna@soakinginmustard.com said...

Your angel is lovely, full of fabulous layers, texture and colors! Can't wait to see your place mats. Have a great week. Donna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...