About Me

My Photo
Great Falls, Montana, United States
I love creating art. I love the Creator! And through that love, I find a little slice of heaven on earth and I give Him all the glory! It's a great adventure and I'm excited to see what's around the bend! Come join me, won't you?

Friday, October 12, 2012

Sketchbook ~ Poppies

The poppies are now long gone... but I couldn't help but think of them as I flooded my journal page with bright, bold colors. 
 



I have always loved orange and hot pink together. 

How about you?  Do you have a favorite combo?

Blessings on your FRIDAY!  Yay! And one of my favorite things about Fridays is the "In the Studio" with Studio JRU and friends.  Hooray!




12 comments:

elle said...

Favourite combo? now which of the many... Yellow is my favourite and with some pink which can lean into orange for sure. In a cooler mood I do like aqua and periwinkle.

HollyM said...

What a beautiful page! I think you have such a great design and color sense. The little black flowers in the foreground add a touch of whimsy. Do you mind if I ask what size your sketchbook is?
I'm currently on a pink and orange streak too. I also love analogous combinations like green/ blue or red/ orange, purple / red. Love purple and orange too!

Jenni C's said...

yes, i also love bright pink and orange together the brighter...the better..;), love your poppies and the background you have created...

ScrapbooksbyKarrilee said...

Wow... those colors just POP! Hehe... um... pardon the pun! But really - I DO love Bright Orange and Hot Pink together! My fav combo is Turq & Purple... great job!

Bren said...

love this, the colour combo makes you sit up and take notice! Beautifully done. Love my earth tones and Teal :-)

Southern Gal said...

Beautiful! I love that color combination. And I love Jennifer's linky. ;)

Margaret Applin said...

oooooohh...draw those beauties out on white paper and send me a pic!!!!!

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

This is so pretty!! I love poppy petals. :) A gorgeous color combo. Can't say I have a favorite... I have too many 'favorites'. LOL

Gwen said...

I do love poppies, mine are deep red with black centers IRL. Love your page and the feel that poppies have, blowing in the wind! TFS!

Cindy said...

These are simply beautiful - so free flowing - you are really letting your creative heart sing! {Thank you for all your sweet comments, too ☺}

Anita said...

How beautiful! You know, I'm going to a surprise party this weekend and the decor is pink and orange! It's beautiful. The hostess made flowers from tissue paper...soo beautiful. Your work reminds me of her decorations. =)

Gwen said...

"Thanks For Sharing" TFS! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...