About Me

My Photo
Great Falls, Montana, United States
I love creating art. I love the Creator! And through that love, I find a little slice of heaven on earth and I give Him all the glory! It's a great adventure and I'm excited to see what's around the bend! Come join me, won't you?

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Sketchbook ~ Twinkling Leaves

Helllloooo! 
{just imagine Tigger's voice from Winnie the Pooh!}

Well, the leaves mostly gone... except for those living in my imagination or on the sketchbook page! I have really enjoyed playing ~ layering different types of watercolors with this particular page, though.  I began with a base layer of watercolor with the Peerless brand of watercolor papers.  Then I added the Luminarte Twinkling H2O's for some sparkle, and a bit of more depth... I think?
And one of my favorite worship songs "Rushing Wind"  was sung in my heart as I drew... colored, and added details... you can see some of the words... perhaps.
"rushing wind... blow through me, like your tender breeze... search out the depths of my heart..."


Two pages full!  I loved it.  I'm trying to learn to get a lighter hand with my black pen.  Sometimes yes.  Sometimes No!

And just a bit of a trip down memory lane - here are two Autumn-inspired table runners, too.
 The quilt "Red Autumn" above
 And here is "Leave it Beautiful in Twilight" a blue version; both of which were published on the blog last year - just click the links to see them.

And. Just in case anyone 'out there' is interested... I am offering anything with leaves in it... 50% off the listed price in my Etsy store.  Just contact me so I can set it up.  That is the beginning of my Autumn Celebration, with a couple free give-a-ways coming up... soon!  Very... soon!

Ever thankful to you all, have a great day!  

EnJOY!
XO

6 comments:

duaa said...

Beautiful quilt and nice drawings! The colors really seem to pop out of the page!

Duaa

elle said...

LEAVES! I think I shall try some of your inspiration in my current book project and I'm off to get my heart all a flutter. A MarveLes original! :)

Robbie said...

I love these leaf pieces! I was looking at some of your past blogs yesterday and saw them!!! They are just beautiful!!

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Leaves are one of my favorite things about fall. Love all of your pretty leaves, Leslie! Love the bits of sparkle. :)

Donna said...

As usual, beautiful artwork, fabulous colors!
D~~~~

Yvonne Moxon said...

Hi found your blog via pintrest Red Autumn is gorgeous! love your blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...