About Me

My Photo
Great Falls, Montana, United States
I love creating art. I love the Creator! And through that love, I find a little slice of heaven on earth and I give Him all the glory! It's a great adventure and I'm excited to see what's around the bend! Come join me, won't you?

Monday, November 26, 2012

Christmas Placemats ~

Hi everyone!
UPDATE 11/27/12:  Joining what looks to be a wonderful Christmas Show at the Blog:  Quilting Tutorials... go check it out!  {Door Prizes... too!}
I got quite a few fabric Christmas projects done over this past, wonderful, long, weekend!  Sooooo nice to be home.
I only had four finished when I took the picture, but I have actually made six as I stuck it out! Yahoo!  And they are now listed in the etsy shop.

Making these placemats seemed to take a long, long time, but I just had to 'go with' what I thought was a grand idea!  I started it, so I needed to finish  {this year!}  I believe I spent about two hours on each of these. I think I've "over" the round placemat thingy in my head for awhile now! {Til Spring ~ maybe?!}
I cut the shapes with my sizzix cutter, using a poinsettia die.  I couldn't believe that I didn't have enough white buttons on had, but then again, I needed at least five for each so I had to go out to buy white buttons.  These are fused to Steam-A-Seam Lite, first, then stitched with just a simple, raw edge applique, via free motion quilting.
And of course, more swirls.  I'm getting a little tired of them, too...  but it's all good.  Especially since  my machine needs a tune-up, so I must part with it for awhile. {so glad I have my old girl ready to come to life ~ just like Frosty!} lol.  :)


Have a great week!
Soli Deo Gloria!
XO 

41 comments:

elle said...

Very attractive. You certainly got a 'round tuit'! lol

HollyM said...

I love the round placemats! I can see how they would take extra time though. You must have had to use a bias binding too. The pointsettias are pretty and the single line if stitching on them is effective.
I'm sorry I started stitching my snowflakes down with a machine blanket stitch. It takes much too long!
A lovely project.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

These are so pretty Leslie. Love the quilting.

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

These are beautiful, Leslie! I love the patterns and colors you use. And I want to thank you for the package I received... my mug rug! It is gorgeous. I love, love, love the swirls! Your work is amazing. ((hugs))

Lynn said...

They are beautiful and so festive. I hate to be without my machine for even one day...even if I am not stitching on it every day. It is kind of like my security blanket, there if I need it.

Teresa in Music City said...

Your round placemats are wonderful Leslie! I understand getting tired of doing the same thing repetitively. I am the same way. I'm a "new and exciting" junkie :*D

Barb N said...

Pretty!

Michele Hester said...

Very nice! I love it! Won't you consider sharing your project in the
2012 Christmas Quilt Show.

LethargicLass said...

these are just so beautiful!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

These are just lovely! Oh, yes round gets tiring - especially the binding!

Barbara said...

Pretty!

Carla said...

Gorgeous, and your quilting is lovely.

Karen said...

Great placemats. Love the fabrics and the FMQ.

Nina Marie said...

ohhh these are a pretty decoration to any table!

Nanbon44 said...

the placemats are just lovely

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

pretty!

whistlebet57 said...

These place mats are beautiful. What a great Job. Elizabeth

Amys Crafty Shenanigans said...

These are beautiful :)

Needled Mom said...

Very nice and they make such a nice and festive table.

LynCC said...

Hey, those are really pretty! I love the set. Glad you shared at the Show. :D

Lesley said...

Beautiful placemats!

sew.darn.quilt said...

Very pretty placemats and lovely quilting :)

Snoodles said...

I'm so inspired to try making some of these -- they are just beautiful!

Kathy @ Kwilty Pleasures said...

Nice table mats!

Lisa said...

Very nice!

Hilachas said...

You're right. it's a great idea and just beautiful.

Eileen said...

They are beautiful! What great items to have for Christmas. Thanks for sharing and have a great day

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Wow! These are so beautiful and I love that they are round. I need to come back and explore your blog as your photos look amazing!

Christine M said...

Your placemats look fantastic. How lovely do they look on the table!

Mistea said...

Round is perfect. Yours are gorgeous. Lovely colours too.

Sheila said...

They are beautiful place,mats , love your quilting too!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Excellent!

Linda said...

SO PRETTY FOR CHRISTMAS!

msstitcher1948@yahoo.com

Kathleen at Rose Prairie said...

very Christmasy

Annette said...

very cute placemats love your quilting on them
in stitches

Judy B said...

Very festive placemats! Thank you for sharing.
jbechosend at sbcglobal dot net

shez said...

gorgeous,well done.xx

Patricia said...

I like these and the quilting looks great too!

Carolyn said...

Beautiful placemats, the quilting is great on them!

Natasha said...

love that they are circle. you do not see that often.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

What lovely pieces.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...