About Me

My Photo
Great Falls, Montana, United States
I love creating art. I love the Creator! And through that love, I find a little slice of heaven on earth and I give Him all the glory! It's a great adventure and I'm excited to see what's around the bend! Come join me, won't you?

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Christmas Rose ~

Here's another finished project ~ a simple table runner ~ (for sale in my Etsy shop) from my leftover scraps of Christmas fabrics. 
For the quilting, I kept it simple.  There's basically an echoing, soft, rosey-type pattern, as it circles around the center of the rose-log cabin center.
And of course, you're probably tired of hearing me say it, but I use King Tut 40 wt cotton in white for the top thread, and matching white in the bobbin, using Masterpiece 50 wt cotton from Superior Threads.
And I stayed with the swirls for quilting the outside border fabric, as any detailed quilting wouldn't show much on this light fabric, unless I had chosen a bright red quilting thread, and in my mind, that would have served to distract from the cabin rose pattern.
And... {no surprise here!}  I finished it with Razzle Dazzle Thread in the outside edge in the binding 'stitch-in-the-ditch' style. {You KNOW how much I love my #39 clear embroidery-couching foot}  Well, I love couching of any kind. Except, well, I'm not much of a couch potato!!  

Have a great Wednesday!  And I {still} have some items to give away... just haven't had time to use them and prepare reviews.  Soon!  {I hope!}

Best to y'all!
Leslie 

7 comments:

elle said...

Brilliant! These are sew cool! I want some roses for Christmas! lol

Terri Stegmiller said...

I love this table runner!!!

HollyM said...

It's lovely, Leslie! I know you've shown the Razzle Dazxle done in the ditch like that before. I tried out a stitch in the ditch foot and keep meaning to order one. Do you do a completely machine stitched binding or do you hand stitch it down in the back?

Quilting Babcia said...

Beautiful runner, and the title immediately brought to mind the old carol that starts "Lo how a rose" and there my memory fails me ... The melody will be in my head the rest of the day, maybe the words will return later :-)

Eileen said...

Leslie, this is beautiful! One of a kind!

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

It's beautiful, Leslie. Love, love, love seeing your creations!!

Sheila said...

It is beautiful and I love how you quilted it :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...