About Me

My Photo
Great Falls, Montana, United States
I love creating art. I love the Creator! And through that love, I find a little slice of heaven on earth and I give Him all the glory! It's a great adventure and I'm excited to see what's around the bend! Come join me, won't you?

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Flowers Reunited ~

Here we go!  I'm on a roll... here is leftover finish #1! 

These four blocks have been orphaned for many, many years!  The result of a "I messed this up" and "now what" kind of project!  {ever had that happen?}

Well... I still... LOVE these blocks!  But because I used the wrong fusible web... and there were so many layers of it... they were impossible to quilt!


When I found these, I decided I must attempt a rejuvenation of some kind... I had nothing to lose, for sure.  So I thought I would at least piece them together, and see how that turned out... yay!  That worked just fine. But then...now what? came again... Then suddenly, COUCHING was the answer.  {not me... the sewing machine} and my wonderful Bernina #43 free motion couching foot! 
LOVE!
But... they  n e e d   something else... don't they?
Yes, indeedy.

Enter stage left:  my Bernina #39 couching foot!


And make it messy!  I like it! 


Add quilting with YLI Variations, 100% polyester thread, and badda bing badda boom!  And that's how it's DONE.
For quilting in the outside border, I added one of my favorite phrases that I think is quite appropriate for this quilt... {and more}:
God will turn a Mess into a Message
a Test into a Testimony
a Trial into a Triumph, and
a Victim into a Victory!  
Yes.  {even for quilts} He does!  Amen.
Soli Deo Gloria

12 comments:

elle said...

I do believe on all four counts you have succeeded! Happy Day!

Vicki W said...

Oh my, this is one of my favorite things that you've ever made!

Gill said...

What a brilliant idea! Now do I have a couching foot for my Husqvarna?? what does it look like??

darcey said...

This has to be the cheeriest quilt ever. You can't help but smile when you see it. Well done.
Darc
xxoo

Terri Stegmiller said...

How fun is this!!!

HollyM said...

It's beautiful, Leslie! And, believer or not, I love the message!

Laurence Martin said...

Just one word: WOW!

Sheila said...

I love it , that looks incredible , you definitely saved those blocks and transformed them into pure beauty!!

Donna@soakinginmustard.com said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Robbie said...

Love it!!!! Waste not, want not...as they say! And you certainly don't waste anything...and you can make a 'silk purse out of a sow's ear'...ok, I'll quit while I'm ahead or behind! The best to you in 2013!!! so nice 'meeting' you through your blog!!!
p.s. I wore my pin on my white coat while we traveled!!! Thanks again! It looked great! Even at 4:00 a.m. doggie potty breaks!!

Lynn said...

The couching is absolutely the best and looks so wonderful on these blocks. I need to give that a try sometime too.

auntmup said...

Just my style :) I was never a child to color between the lines. Just perfect!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...