About Me

My Photo
Great Falls, Montana, United States
I love creating art. I love the Creator! And through that love, I find a little slice of heaven on earth and I give Him all the glory! It's a great adventure and I'm excited to see what's around the bend! Come join me, won't you?

Monday, December 31, 2012

River Twist Quilt ~ Winners

Happy New Years Eve y'all!  What a blessing 2012 has been. While I have many ponderings in my heart about what the past and future; what I might do, how I might do it... quilting, working, sewing, blogging... growing my faith and more... I will hold onto them for awhile, as I continue to praise God for ALL of YOU, and for all the blessings that have been poured down on me and our family. 

For now, I will show you more results of my 'misfit blocks' and so far... I am still motivated!  Ha!  2013... here we come!
I named this quilt by the name of the yarn I used to couch the flowers onto {the KISS} blocks.  It's "River Twist" by one of my favorite companies, Mountain Colors of Montana.
Of course, I felt the need to add something more, so I did that with some Bobbin Play, using Red Razzle Thread.

I like the warmth of these blocks, and they are something a little different from the other sets I've put together... it was a bit of a challenge to figure out how to bring a bit of 'new life' to them, but I'm satisfied with how this turned out too. 
I also found my free motion quilting to be in need of a tune-up!  Bring it... on!
So... question for y'all... should I leave the centers plain, or put a button... or something on it?  I am undecided...
So it's time to announce winners!  Yay!  Courtesy of my sweet husband, he gave me the numbers #5 and #9!

That would be: Yvonne {for the patterns} and Happy Cottage Quilter {the magazine!} She has lots of time... poor girl broke her wrist ~ badly.  So here's to some sweet healing time.... and reading time, Jocelyn. 

Happy New Year Eve's everyone.  I know I am blessed, and I hope and pray, I am passing it on, continually.

May you have a lovely celebration~ and always,
SOLI DEO GLORIA! 
XOX
Leslie 




9 comments:

Eileen Torgerson said...

Yeah, I would put something over where the cords all meet in the middle - and looking forward to what that will be! Know it will be a pleasant surprise! Happy New Year, Leslie!

Southern Gal said...

I love the colors. I'm so scared to try freehand quilting. I know I'll mess up something I worked hard on.

Happy new Year!

Gill said...

I'd leave them plain Leslie!
Happy New Year!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Oh thank you Leslie. I do have lots of time for reading and dreaming.

Yvonne said...

Thanks so much Les for the patterns. Now for a question, did you lay the cording down and then sew it to the quilt blocks? That is really cool looking. I love your work!

Thanks again
Yvonne Layton :)

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

I love what you did with them! I kinda like them just the way they are. So pretty. So blessed to have come to know you this year, Leslie. You are a bright, wonderful light. Thank you for your friendship. Happy New Year! xo

vi_irma said...

Отличная работа!!! Очень нравится! Пока только мечтаю научиться шить такие вещи как у Вас!

Lynn said...

I am leaning towards leaving them the way they are. The cording adds so much and draws the eye to it that maybe adding a button would draw the eye towards the buttons instead. What ever you do will be lovely though.

Leslie McNeil said...

Yvonne, you are welcome, my sweet classmate from 1976!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...