About Me

My Photo
Great Falls, Montana, United States
I love creating art. I love the Creator! And through that love, I find a little slice of heaven on earth and I give Him all the glory! It's a great adventure and I'm excited to see what's around the bend! Come join me, won't you?

Monday, April 22, 2013

Stencil a New Heart ~ {with a new Terri Stegmiller stencil}

hi y'all! {montana drawl}

i got to play with a new stencil over this past weekend. this is one designed by terri stegmiller, for stencil girl.

 terri is a wonderful artist and designer.  i always look forward to playing with her whimsical style.

{and you knew, right ~ true love is a well painted stencil!}
i don't clean my stencils, but sometimes i will wipe the paint off of them  ~ mostly so they won't stick to each other with the wet paint!  otherwise, if there aren't any other potential casualties in the area, i let them be.  i have found that if i clean them, i have a tendency to snag little edges, and bend them.  not cool.  so they stay purty with the various paint colors on them, right? 
so i began with a small piece of hand-dyed fabric, and your average, inexpensive acrylic paint.  dabbed here and there in purple, pink and turquoise. i deliberately tried to just 'dab' lightly {didn't always succeed} because my needle doesn't really appreciate a heavily painted surface. 

the silver leaf is an embellishment i love to play with, too.

cute button trim for the cardstock backing.
 so what do ya think of that cute stencil now?  fun huh!  i hope you try it!
enjoy~
soli deo gloria
leslie
xo 


4 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

love Love LOVE it!!!! The colors are soooo me and the addition of the silver adds so much interest. Great job!

elle said...

I had an aha! moment when I learned that screen printing was actually first on fabric so I am keen to get the screens and stencils onto fabric as soon as the weather is nice outside where I can get messy. Looks great, Les!

sarita said...

Very nice heart. Love the colors. Could you sew before painting so your machine doesn't get all weirded out?

Margaret Applin said...

Totally Terri!!!! Fabulous!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...