About Me

My Photo
Great Falls, Montana, United States
I love creating art. I love the Creator! And through that love, I find a little slice of heaven on earth and I give Him all the glory! It's a great adventure and I'm excited to see what's around the bend! Come join me, won't you?

Saturday, July 6, 2013

ulm pishkun ~ a summer delight

our kids were here visiting us recently, on their way back from a north dakota wedding.  it was perfect evening to to take them for a little walk-about to the ulm pishkun, just outside of great falls.  if you've been reading my blog for long, you will know brian and i took several of my co-worker gals to the pishkun this past  spring.  now that summer is here, i was looking forward to seeing that landscape in all it's beautiful green.   it was not a disappointment, and this time we even had a "little bit" of excitement!  i hope you'll stay a minute or two and take in this classic montana panoramic landscape!
 
the ulm pishkun {first peoples buffalo jump} is a precious montana state park ~ with a spectacular  wide-open vista of grassland, mountains, and buttes, as well as the historic buffalo jump, and home to it's very own {protected} prairie dog town.  lots of wildlife is to be seen, especially in the late afternoon to early evening hours...  deer, wildflowers, cliffs, cottontails and ... baby rattlesnakes. {what more could you hope for?!!}

and i was thrilled to see this beautiful bird; a western tanager i think.   wish i could have gotten closer, but my lens wasn't quite long enough. {next time!}















uhmm... yeah.  if you don't like snakes, then you might not want to look.  we were SOOO lucky... just visiting and marching along, watching the prairie dogs... {not paying attention to where we were walking}... this little baby rattlesnake blended right in the gravel path, and actually struck out at brian ~ missing.  we were thankful we didn't see more, but you can bet we kept a better eye out!
he had one rattle, too... but i wasn't too interested in getting much closer!!! 


we enjoyed our evening together.  next time... the grain will be ripe, or even harvested, probably.  i still want to get my sunset {or even a sunrise!} picture again.

enJOY your day ~ blessings!
xo
leslie

7 comments:

elle said...

SIGH!

Terri said...

Beautiful pictures and some danger, too. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs

kim davis said...

Thanks for sharing. There are some beautiful pictures that would make great puzzles (yes, I am a puzzle maniac). Blessings!

Jean said...

You make a Southerner want to go see your Big Country...oh, so beautiful!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Fantastic scenery, what a marvelous place you live, so majestic. This is the kind of scenery I think of when I think of America, you know, big, bold, wild and free. Baby rattlers, we encountered one when hiking in Bandelier state park in NM on a trip, I never hopped backwards 50 yards so fast.....no snakes for me- at least not the poisonous kind. xox

Jane Wetzel said...

WOW...tyou for the great tour..never been out there and LOVED the pics..so glad u took pics of the signs too! Sending this off to my hub to enjoy now :)

lcscottage said...

Gorgeousness!

Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...