About Me

My Photo
Great Falls, Montana, United States
I love creating art. I love the Creator! And through that love, I find a little slice of heaven on earth and I give Him all the glory! It's a great adventure and I'm excited to see what's around the bend! Come join me, won't you?

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

simple christmas sewing ~

hi there ~ and again ~ happy thanksgiving week. i'm sure looking forward to it, and i hope you all are too!

as i was playing with some christmas fabrics recently, i spotted a leftover piece of linen, and it sparked an idea for a simply sewn christmas runner.  burlap is so big in fashion this holiday season, {it seems}, so i thought i'd put together some christmassy fabrics and see what happened, except i used a linen fabric as that's what i had on hand ~ just for kicks n giggles.  this piece lays on our coffee table:
i added a green cotton, that i ripped on the straight of grain, and just stitched it down to the linen, {yes, i only eye-balled it ~ {no measuring} and then stitched the red print on top of the green print.  then just some frayed edges, and a triple stitch along the edges.  i really didn't get too serious about it, as i just wanted to mess around and see what the linen would like with red and green for christmas.

 and another smaller, linen piece that was leftover from the cutting of the first one.  this is quite narrow, and can even lay on top of the other linen piece if you like that layered look... which ... maybe i do?  i'm not sure.
 but i was in the mood for some hand-stitching, so added a very simple snowflake embroidered throughout the feathers with iridescent razzle dazzle.  i really enjoyed doing it.



 thank you to all of you!
   happy greetings for thankful holiday.
 

8 comments:

Sandra Weimer said...

I really like this! Quick and easy, especially at this time of year when time is getting short to make gifts.

Barb said...

Happy Thanksgiving for you and your family!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

So cute. Love the type border and the raw edges, rustic and sweet. xox

Terri said...

Thank you, Leslie! Up to the quilting I figured I could make one. Thanks for the idea... maybe I'll try that.
Hugs

Jennifer Scantlebury Vienneau said...

I love the understated simplicity of these runners. Lovely!

Béa said...

I had a long look at your blog this morning and I LOVE IT !
Your work is fabulous.
Happy Thanksgiving.

Jane Wetzel said...

WOW! Leslie, this may be more right up my alley! ha ha! Really, I might be able to pull this off! Simply gorgeous :) Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving to you and yours...

Vicki W said...

I love both of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...