About Me

My Photo
Great Falls, Montana, United States
I love creating art. I love the Creator! And through that love, I find a little slice of heaven on earth and I give Him all the glory! It's a great adventure and I'm excited to see what's around the bend! Come join me, won't you?

Monday, January 20, 2014

sketchbook ~ listen

hi there  ~

another sketchbook page ~ a watercolor and gelli printed combo.  and a bit of  a doodle... {and a listening ear}

the word:  listen.
i took gelli-printed papers, and tore them.  i glued them a page of my watercolor sketchbook and used them as a border.
then... there was this empty "big blue space" to do... what? well... something! it's been blank for a long while now.  time to pay attention.  

and for me ~ that would mean listening. 

listening is simply done, really.  another good habit to cultivate {and be disciplined to}...

and this particular page is simple, as well. "listen" was doodled in black pen, and then filled in with a metallic silver gelly roll pen. 
lean in. stop.  look.  and {listen}.

be present... in this place. right now.  there is a place here... full of promises that God's got for you.  

for me.  

for us.


have a discerning {and listening} day.

God bless ya!
xo
leslie

5 comments:

HollyM said...

I like the word , Leslie. Listening is something we could all do more of. To me it's twofold-- slowing down in our daily life and listening to the world, and taking the time to hold our tongues and listen to others.
Great food for thought.

elle said...

A great idea for borders. Good thing I listen to you! ;)

Jane Wetzel said...

perfect...beautiful

Marsha said...

Oh, Boy .... this resonated with me! I have a horrible habit of interrupting people and not listening (especially annoying to DH .... sigh).

Maybe I should make "Listen" my word for the year!

Ulla's Quilt World said...

So lovely!
Greetings from Finland!
Hugs, Ulla

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...